Considering booking your first appointment?
Welcome and congratulations on taking your first step towards discovering the best version of yourself!
What to expect
- A thorough investigation of your health concerns, most often including a timeline of events surrounding the onset
- Review of prior medical investigations and laboratory reports (please bring these with you!)
- An extensive review of your medical history, lifestyle and all around health
- Review of current medications and supplements
During your first visit your Naturopathic Doctor will be gathering information that will help them to make the appropriate diagnosis. This will involve discussing all aspects of your health, including some things that may not seem directly related. How is your digestion linked to your thyroid? Let us tell you! A physical exam may be completed in your first appointment as well.
Additionally, we offer a variety of in office tests that may be included as part of your assessment. They will be selected based on presenting concerns but may include:
- Bio-impedance analysis
- Basic adrenal testing via Koenisburg testing
- Digestive health investigations via indican results
- Sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system via heart rate variability monitoring
At the end of your visit you can expect to leave with:
- An understanding of what might be going on! We take the time to explain what we have found and how your symptoms may all be connected and treated
- A nutrition and lifestyle plan- we are not dogmatic here, we know you are busy and will work with you!
- Supplement recommendations- don’t worry, we don’t overload you!
- Suggestions for additional testing to be completed to allow more information to be gathered and further personalization of your plan
How to prepare for your visit?
After booking you will receive an email from our PHIPA compliant, electronic medical records software (Jane). This will allow you to create a Patient Portal where you will receive your future protocols, lab results, and intake forms. Please ensure you have filled out your intake forms at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. At AWH we value your time and our practitioners review your intake forms prior to your appointment. This allows us to optimize the time we have together.
PRIOR RESULTS & MEDICAL REPORTS
If you have lab tests or other results from prior medical visits please collect those and bring them with you to your appointment. You can also scan and upload these documents into your Patient Portal under the documents section prior to your visit. If you do not have copies of your medical reports and would like to have our office request them on your behalf please download the “Authorization of Release” form and fill it out. We will need your doctors information, your information and your signature. If you have specific results you would like please feel free to write that in the “Specific Results Requested” section. Otherwise, you can put “all results in the last two years”. Please send this completed form to email@example.com
SUPPLEMENTS & MEDICATIONS
During your visit your Naturopathic Doctor will review all of your current medications and supplements. We are passionate about ensuring that your supplements are safe (they have what they say is in the bottle), effective (at the right dosages) and appropriate to you. We see 1000s of dollars wasted and want to ensure that you plan is cost effective and ultimately helpful.
If you are on pharmaceutical medication we will also want to ensure that no supplements that are recommended will interact with those drugs.
DIRECTIONS AND CONTACT INFORMATION
In order to ensure that you arrive on time for your visit we recommend that you review our directions and parking information.
If you have any questions regarding your visit please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Please remember, if you need to reschedule your appointment we require 48 hours notice for initial consultations and 24 hours notice for follow ups. Cancellations within this time frame are subject to a late cancellation fee equal to the amount of the appointment.